Social Media Marketing
What is it?
Social media marketing is the process of obtaining website traffic or attention through various social sites. This approach focuses its efforts on creating content for the purpose of attracting attention and encourages their readers to share it through various forms of social networks.
These various social networks include, but not limited to:
- Web sites
- Social networks
- Instant messages
- News feeds
The content itself can be about anything such as: an event, product, service, company, or person. Once the content is shared between users and trusted third party sources, it then becomes a form of “earned media”.
With the use of social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), companies can use these as vehicles to interact with their followers. By “connecting” with your followers or potential customers, it will instill a sense of loyalty and help understand your demographic.
Social Media Marketing Strategies
There are normally two common approaches taken when it comes to social media marketing.
- Passive Approach – The information provided is not intentionally made to be viral. Most of the time it is circulated to raise awareness. This can be seen as Public Service Announcements
- Active Approach – This approach is used to garner attention and increase customer engagement. Examples of this can be seen through Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc. where a particular information or image is shared
76% of businesses use some form of social media network and also 133% increase in revenues through social media marketing.
Today, the internet is one of the most powerful tools for developing name/brand recognition and bringing customers to you. An important statistic to note is that 18-34 year old North American users spend 3.8 hours per day on social networking sites. With this key metric, it is clear to see that a company must have a social media presence online in order to continue operating.
Another growing trend in the world of social media marketing is the increase use of smartphones. With the integration of social media apps, companies now have another stream to connect with their audience. By 2017, 90% of internet users will be accessing content through their mobile phones. This trend continues to grow and see more companies adapt in order to grow and expand their customer base.
How can PlayOn Media Help You
“If your business does not have a social media presence, you will not be able to connect with today’s customers.” – Tyler Bailey
At PlayOn Media, you can count on us to not only meet, but exceed your social media needs. We have a team of experts dedicated primarily on building your reputation and expanding your network amongst current and existing visitors. We will do everything we can to create a “buzz” around your company through social media networking.
We do this by leveraging multiple social platforms to grow your business leads, drive web traffic to you, and expand on your market reach. One of the key business units at PlayOn Media is to build brand awareness, gain more website traffic, and grow engagement surrounding your product or service.
Our goal is to help quickly find your audience, the form of social media they are using, utilize key SEO terms, and implement a social media strategy that is both powerful and cost efficient.
Also, as a local company based in the GTHA (Greater Toronoto-Hamilton Area), you can be assured that we will communicate directly with you, help you each step of the way, and know that all of our resources and work are done in-house.
What we use help you:
- Please contact us if you would like to gain exposure in another social media platform not listed above.
We specialize in:
- Profile creation and management
- Reputation monitoring
- Building fans and/or followers
- Analyzing and interpreting social metrics (understand and target key demographics)
- Developing social media content (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+, etc.)
- Social Media support and consultation
- Twitter advertising (Promote trends, tweets, accounts)
- Social reach & community growth (blogging)
Remember, social media marketing is an important tool to help grow your online image. Building a positive reputation will take time, but with PlayOn Media by your side, we will help you reach your social media goals. Finding social media management services is not only important, but is becoming an essential tool to help you reach new audiences and expand on your existing clientele.
Examples of Social Media Marketing
- Sharing Facebook posts, news, and links
- Sharing a picture or image on Instagram
- Retweeting popular tweets
- Interacting with other individuals (answering questions)